Are your users affected by password fatigue from entering different username and password combinations? Do you want to reduce IT costs due to lower number of IT help desk calls?
Meliora Testlab has support for an external authentication source with SSO (single sign-on or, more appropriately, enterprise reduced sign-on). This means that your users log in to Meliora Testlab with their most used username and password! And at the same time reduce time spent on login prompt.
Most valuable features of Testlab’s new authentication provider are:
- Integrate to your existing Active Directory
- Support for various other user databases and authentication methods such as LDAP, DBMS, RADIUS, or X.509 certificates
- Improves security through not exposing user passwords out of your company network
- Ability to enforce existing uniform enterprise authentication policies
Your organization uses Microsoft Active Directory as authentication source and Meliora Testlab as a SaaS service. Meliora provides you with a simple Testlab Authenticator module (green module in the picture below), that is responsible for authenticating your users from Active Directory and providing identification data securely to Testlab.
A technical overview of the components and interactions between them is shown in the following picture.
When an unauthenticated user accesses Testlab, user’s browser gets automatically redirected to your Testlab Authenticator. If needed, Authenticator asks user credentials, validates them from Active Directory and creates a service ticket which is passed to Testlab via redirection. Testlab then validates the ticket from your Authenticator and if valid, grants access to Testlab.
The lifetime of the Authenticator ticket is configurable and is by default 10 hours. This means that if the same user re-logins to Testlab during this time the access is granted automatically without the need of entering the credentials again.
For SSO, we support using the standard SAML 2.0 WebSSO profile or alternatively, CAS.
There are many security issues to consider when implementing an authentication solution. Meliora has made every effort to create an excellent solution for secure authentication.
Here are some highlights:
- User credentials never leave company’s intranet
- For CAS, a single simple and standard web application component is installed to company’s network (Testlab Authenticator, TA)
- Solution is based on tried and well tested technologies (SAML 2.0 WebSSO standard or CAS)
- No direct calls from Internet to company’s directory server (Active Directory or other authentication source)
Please, contact us for more information. We are happy to tell you more details about the solution.
Make your life easier and get super-easy authentication to your Testlab!